• are vision of ideal future
• help us accomplish more
• keep us on more exciting, fulfilling, productive path
Life is not called a journey without a reason. It leads us somewhere…but where???
It depends on our approach to life.
Passive approach x
“Cannot be bothered” attitude x
Wait and see x
Making excuses x
Predictable, monotonous journey x
Landing elsewhere x
Disappointment, bitterness x
Wishing to start over x
Taking time to set goals
Arriving at dream destination
Enjoying and sharing the moments, memories, pictures
You need to know what you want out of life and make a list. Writing goals down is a powerful, it shows commitment, eagerness, desire to achieve more, and it also monitors your progress. Smart goals keep you on track and move you forward faster.
S – Specific
M – Measurable
A – Attainable
R – Realistic
T – Timed
Example: don’t set a goal “I want to lose weight”, be more specific: “I want to lose 5kg by 1st June”
Just a few daily disciplines make a significant impact in the future. The choice is yours. You could plan to put aside 30 minutes a day to learn for instance a foreign language or just waste it by watching a mindless TV program. Everything counts. You will be amazed to see the results within a year. The effort will pay off.
Bucket list – Goals
There are thousands things you can try, explore, do…dream a little and make a list of things you would like to accomplish. One more thing: Don’t use negative vocabulary e.g. I cannot, I won’t, it is impossible etc. Write down anything….You are designing your life, so make it exciting. The bucket list should energize you and serve you as an inspiration.
If you are “stuck”, you can ask:
• What career would you like?
• Personal growth – books to read, seminars to visit, CD to listen, what skills do you want to learn?
• Where do you want to go, what do you want to see?
• What do you want to have?
• What you do want to share?
• What things would you like to try?
• What would you like to be remembered for?
If you were lying on your death bed what are the things you would regret not doing?
What is important to you? Live your life by your values – they guide us and lead us to satisfaction and fulfillment.
Example: family, respect, health, travel, adventure, freedom, passion, growth, contribution, inspiration, excitement, money and success.
Invest in yourself
Having up-to-date WoF for cars is legal requirement and the same approach should be used towards our well-being.
• Body – regular medical check up, regular dental check up, eyesight, hearing test, melanoma skin check, any other medical concerns?
• Healthy lifestyle – exercise, eating habits
• The look – hairstyle, makeup, wardrobe
• Goals – review them
Dream Big Believe Live passionately